The Bentworth School District Comprehensive Plan was approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education in November 2015. This plan was developed by conducting a district wide systems analysis of all available data to better create an understanding of the needs of the school district. Each aspect of the plan required a careful evaluation from each respective division of the school district (primary, intermediate, middle and high).
To create an educational system that prepares all students for their futures.
The school district will:
- incorporate academic standards in the curriculum with a balanced focus on both what students need to know and to apply in problematic situations
- approach changes in the educational system through both additions of new processes and removal of outdated practices
- make decisions regarding educational changes based on both student needs and the available resources within the community
- change the K-12 education programs into an integrated system with a focus on accountability in the schools, student families and communities
- all of our students need to have opportunities to prepare them for a complex global environment
- we need to elevate the educational expectations we have for all our students
- it is important for all students to both achieve individual mastery of academic standards and to apply these standards to complex social and academic situations
- we need to both act as advocates for all students and for all of us to work together as a professional staff to improve academic and social behavior
A copy of this report is available to be downloaded below. Included in this report are the following sections:
- District Profile
- Core Foundations
- Needs Assessment
- District Level Plan
You may DOWNLOAD a complete copy of the Comprehensive Plan here.